Monday, October 28, 2013

Disney Countdown Has Begun

Even though we've known we're going to Disney World for awhile, and no we didn't keep it a secret from the kids(are you kidding me) or do a surprise video, my kids have been exceptional in not asking every day when are we going. I think that's mainly because they don't really even know what Disney World is. What?!?! I know but to get them up to speed we have watched a ton of videos about it, but I still don't think they really know. Needless to say, It wouldn't be me if I didn't do some kind of Mickey Mouse theme countdown. So again, thanks to Pinterest, this is what I created. It started out as a project to do with my kids but, Whitney was sick in bed and once Wyatt saw me use my paper cutter, he became very fascinated and decided he would rather cut scrap paper than work on this project. So stapler in hand, I completed the countdown.
 Tada......
It was extremely easy to make.The example I modeled can be found here with directions - Disney Countdown Chain.
Which by the way, her blog is really awesome and I got a few other great ideas from her as well. Now, her chain was cuter because she added the white buttons on the red. Had I been a little more patient and or didn't have a sick daughter waking up, I probably would have added them. But for now this works. And my kids totally love it. They each have a turn every other day and Wyatt has already figured out which colors he'll be taking off on his days. Let the countdown begin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment