Saturday, October 12, 2013

Back to the Old School Paper Planner

I've had my wonderful, glorious IPhone for about 5 years now. Can't live without it! However, it has failed me in the calendar and to do list portion of my life. I put everything, and I mean everything in my phone. So I just knew my phone would help me in staying organized in every aspect of my life. Because I was NOT going to be the future old lady that refuses to become one with todays technology. So after 5 years, I've gone back to the old school paper planner and super love it. There's something satisfying about writing it down and crossing it off after completion. And the ability to see what wasn't accomplished this week and move it to next week. Also, love the fact that I can cover my weekly appointments, to do list, menu plan, and grocery list all on 2 pages. That would require 4 apps on my phone! So in my quest to find the perfect planner (for me) I have now gone through 3 and think I've finally found the one! Here's my review of the 3 I've tried.....


First Planner up is the Classic Life Planner by Erin Condren.
 
This is the planner that started it all. I happened onto her products via Pinterest (duh). Fell in love with her website, pre-ordered the planner(paid a fortune), and waited for eternity it to arrive in the mail. Finally arrived and I was disappointed quickly. This thing is huge! There's no way it could fit in my purse. Even though it's huge, I was going to overlook it, IF it was able to function for me. So I opened it up and fell in love with the durability, bright colors and the thought of it organizing my life! I was again disappointed by the daily pages. The area to write in is just too small and I didn't like how they have the day divided into 3 sections. And the notes section on the left is just small enough to write the abc's in. I mean really, who writes that small.  What I do love is the handy, dandy ruler that subs primarily as a place marker.

I purchased the Inspire planner. Loved all the inspirational quotes placed through out the planner. 
 
Loved the folder and "Ziploc" bag.

So I'm sorry Erin Condren. You may be right for some, but just not right for me. Onto the next planner....The next planner is the Home Executive From Picket Fence Publications. Her planner is WAY more affordable than Erin Condren, however not as high quality. I was attracted to this planner for the mere reason to be able to meal plan on the same page.
Calendar on the left and meal planning/grocery list on the right.
Love the recipes included on the monthly page. However, as you can see below, they are very hard to read. 
  Cute stickers included too.
The problem with this planner was that my to do list was merging with my daily agenda. So I knew it just wasn't the one. So as I'm discussing my planner addiction situation with my boss, she whipped out her handy dandy planner and the Angels started to sing......
After a couple weeks of use, the winning planner is.......... The Family Organizer from Amy Knapp
 
Isn't it glorious! Thank goodness the cover is cuter now. It used to be a little to "Momish".
 
What I love about this planner......I can do all of this on 2 pages!
1) To Do List is on the left
2) Daily Agenda on the right
3) Meal planning on the right
4) Perforated grocery list on the left.
 So simple yet so practical! Lesson Learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment